Property Manager - Vancouver
Property Manager - VancouverThe Property Manager will contribute to Hollyburn’s goals by effectively managing a portfolio of residential buildings through a team of professional Resident Managers and Assistant Resident Managers. This includes maximizing profitability, overseeing the preservation and enhancement of assets, and ensuring positive tenant relations. The Property Manager supports our Building Teams in delivering exceptional service and quality that consistently exceeds the expectations of our residents.
- Manages Building Teams in assigned buildings by:
- Overseeing all activities relating to selection of suitable candidates;
- Providing initial training and continual coaching;
- Providing leadership and supervision of Resident Managers;
- Ensuring corporate policies are understood and implemented;
- Monitoring attendance and accessibility to tenants;
- Evaluating performance and providing appropriate feedback;
- Responding to issues or problems escalated from staff or tenants.
- Implements corporate directives and monitors daily operations by:
- Conducting weekly site tours;
- Inspecting all vacant suites and implementing approved renovations;
- Initiating vacancy advertising as appropriate;
- Approving expenses, issuing Purchase Orders, and approving invoices;
- Establishing appropriate rental rates.
- Maximizes the profitability of each building by:
- Developing and implementing an annual budget and operating plan for each building;
- Evaluating actual performance in relation to plan and instituting corrective action as appropriate;
- Designing and implementing targeted tenant retention strategies, such as building events and value-added services according to corporate standards;
- Responding to competitor activity and other market forces as necessary;
- Proactively mitigating damage costs in accordance with corporate insurance policy.
- Effectively represents Hollyburn when acting as a corporate spokesperson in assigned roles by:
- Tendering and negotiating service contracts;
- Appearing at Residential Tenancy hearings;
- Liaising with civic authorities or emergency services personnel.
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5-7 years’ progressive experience in property management, with a minimum 3 years at a management level;
- Strong management and leadership skills;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage difficult communication issues with Residents;
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think swiftly;
- Ability to manage a portfolio of 8-12 buildings
- Ability to work under pressure, with time constraints even as priorities change and urgencies intervene;
- General knowledge of provincial occupational health and safety requirements;
- Sound understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia;
- Ability to prepare and keep within a building budget;
- Experience tendering and awarding contracts is an asset;
- Thorough understanding of operational systems in the property management industry;
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated, and to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential;
- Ability to display a high level of professionalism;
- Must have a vehicle and a valid B.C. Driver’s License (mileage will be provided).
In addition to an exciting career opportunity, Hollyburn Properties also offers a fun work environment, extended benefits, career development opportunities and a chance to be a part of a leading Real Estate and Property Management company!
We invite you to join our team by sending a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 604.662.7355.
Join our Mailing List
Stay informed about company updates, community events, contests, promotions, and vacancies!